July 20, 2009 & July 21, 2009

Here are two more letters from Elder Nelson. He has been recieving a couple of letters and is thrilled to be hearing from people. Thank you!

Dear Family
The last few days have been some of the hardest and rewarding of my short life. I am doing well. I don't want you to worry about me just know that I am in the Lord's hands. Things have gotten much better now that the first week is over. I wrote the first letter that Thurs and the second the next day so I was very homesick and still am just not nearly as much. I would like to give you my testimony of the power of prayer. I have prayed more this last week then I have my whole life and have had an outpouring of the spirit upon me because of it. I have let God guide my time and my thoughts while here through prayer and the Holy Ghost and have been blessed because of it. I love my companion and my district. We get along great. I won't most likely write this much from now on because I need to focus on learning to invite others to come unto Christ but I will at least once a week. I love all of you and am thankfull for everything you have done for me. Sorry that my writing and spelling is so bad. I hope you can read it. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the gospel was restored through him. I know that Jesus Christ died for us so that we can return to live with God again. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen. Love you all Elder Nelson

Dear FAmily
I just got your letters here on Mon. Thanks it was really great to hear from you. I am doing great. I love the gospel and the spirit that is here at the MTC. I now have a real love for the Book of Mormon and I almost wish I could spend my whole time reading it. OUr devotionals are on Tues and I am very excited. My roommates are great. We have a good solid district and Elder Gibson and I work well together. I am very glad for your letters because I was the only one who had not gotten one yet in my district. You will probably get all the letters I sent right in a row so sorry about that but these first few days have been difficult and it has been a nice outlet. Like I said before this will not be normal most likely but I will try to write when I can. I would just like to give you my testimony that the gospel is true. That Christ is our Lord and Savior and through him we can return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I also know the Book of Mormon is true. (He then wrote a bunch of stuff in Spanish that I can't read) Love you all! Elder Nelson

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to see his testimony growing. What a great experience. Much love to Elder Nelson!

    ReplyDelete